Berkman Systems, Inc. (BSI) was established in 2000 with the aim of becoming a leading environmental management and consultancy services company in Asia, serving government and various industrial sectors such as energy, semiconductors & electronics, cement plants, food processing, steel, textiles, petrochemical, and industrial estates among others. Over the years, we have formulated proactive and customized approaches to our clients’ simple to complex environmental concerns providing them solutions and the needed technical capacity to meet the ever-changing demands of sustainable environmental management. With an ever-growing list of clients coupled with numerous environmental undertakings, BSI has evolved and continues to in order to be more responsive and cost-effective to its clients. BSI takes pride in being awarded as one of the first source emission testing firm accredited by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Environmental Management Bureau.
The core team of Berkman Systems, Inc. started in environmental consulting by organizing Environmental Primemovers of Asia, Inc. (EPAI) in 1989, which was then acquired by the well-known American firm Woodward-Clyde in 1994. In 1998, URS – the leading engineering and environmental firm in the world, acquired Woodward-Clyde Philippines. DARUMA Technologies, Inc. acquired the environmental management and monitoring practice of URS in 2000 and provided the team its new home with the establishment of Berkman Systems, Inc. Today, BSI offers the widest range of environmental management and monitoring services nationwide. We, at BSI, prides in our ability in providing the most relevant and cost-effective environmental solutions. One notable initiative is BSI’s efforts early on is taking a lead role in waste minimization and utilization as an approach in meeting the goals of sustainable development, and this, among others, have helped us become well-rounded experts in all aspects of environmental management, from on-site plant inspection, to feasibility studies preparation and environmental monitoring execution. Today, BSI offers a one-stop service center for environmental management, environmental monitoring, environmental consulting and pollution control that provides a holistic and timely response to its client’s environmental concerns and requirements. Another affirmation of our strength and expertise is that of BSI being the only local environmental monitoring firm capable of performing Dioxin and Furan testing and analysis in the country. All these services established our unbeatable track record in environmental management and monitoring service industry making us the environmental service provider of choice of several industries and corporations operating in the region. This is a strong endorsement of the company’s proven dependability and technical professionalism.
THE BSI “DIFFERENCE”
- Multi-disciplined Professionals. We are the preferred environmental management service provider with over 120 highly experienced consultants, environmental specialists and technicians providing a sustained, focused approach in addressing our clients’ different environmental and permitting requirements. Fully equipped to process multiple jobs and deliver results on time. Our fully calibrated environmental monitoring equipment ensures that our operations are reliable, efficient, and consistent with our client’s desired schedules.
- Hands-on Approach. It is our commitment to work hand in hand with our clients to ensure timely and successful completion of all environmental projects. We work closely with our clients, complementing their expertise with ours. In fact, this is the difference that has made BSI a by-word in the industry.
- Strong Government Linkages and Partnerships. Given numerous projects we have undertaken with the government as well as the recruitment of some senior staffs, BSI has developed strong linkages and a proactive working relationship with the government. Our healthy relationship with the government keeps BSI abreast with the latest in government permitting and compliance processes and environmental laws and regulations. This translates to compliance and efficiency in the permitting process for our clients.
- Synchronized with local and International Standards. BSI complies with USEPA, OSHA, ASTM, and DENR standards ensuring that our services are at par with local and international standards. In order to comply with the standards the following laws must be covered to abide by the rules and regulations set up by the government.
- R.A. 8749 - otherwise known as the Phil Clean Air Act of 1999 for DAO 2000-81
- RA 9275 - Philippine Clean Water Act of 2004
- RA 9003 – Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000
- RA 6969 – Toxic Substances and Hazardous & Nuclear Wastes Control Act of 1990
- PD 1586 – Establishing an EIS System including other environmental management related measures and for other purposes.
List of Services